As a cornerstone in the Bronx, and as leaders during times of tragedy and uncertainty, let us assure you that your family’s health and safety is our number one priority. As we navigate 2021, it is clear we will be living in our “new normal” for the foreseeable future.
Many of you have reached out asking how Woodlawn Cemetery is ensuring that our community is safe on our grounds and inside our offices. We are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 outbreak, and following CDC, state, and local health guidelines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We are diligent in our response to ensure the well-being of our staff, the families we serve, and the greater community. At this point, services are continuing – with modifications.
- A friendly member of our concierge staff will meet you at the door, and we do require that all staff and guests wear a mask while inside.
- We have hand sanitizer, tissues, and hand soap available throughout our facilities.
- If your family needs to meet with our staff, we can do so by phone or video chat if you would feel more comfortable.
- When loved ones gather together, it is natural to show you care by shaking hands, hugging, and gathering close together. We are reminding everyone to limit personal contact and give appropriate distance to others in attendance.
- We are diligently cleaning all high touch surfaces throughout the day, including all door handles, faucets, countertops, toilets, and water fountains.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home while keeping in mind there will be opportunities in the future to visit with loved ones and express condolences.
- We will monitor the number of individuals congregating in our facilities. If this number exceeds what is recommended, we will kindly move those in attendance to less crowded areas.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this unprecedented time. Throughout the winter months, as many New Yorkers are cooped up indoors, we do encourage you to visit our cemetery and stunning arboretum to enjoy the outdoors and all our beautiful grounds have to offer. You can even participate in a walking tour, which we are conducting with full safety precautions in place.