Is Cremation Right for Me?
There are numerous reasons why people choose cremation, and the decision is a very personal one. Whether you are a family member choosing cremation as a respectful way to memorialize your loved one, or you are planning your own arrangements to alleviate the burden on your family, research shows the following nine factors are considerations in the cremation decision:
- People are dying older and choosing cremation for themselves.
- Migration to retirement locations is increasing.
- Cremation has become acceptable.
- Environmental considerations are becoming more important.
- The level of education around cremation is rising.
- Ties to tradition are becoming weaker.
- Regional differences are diminishing.
- Religious restrictions are diminishing.
- Greater flexibility in memorialization services.
Cremation at Woodlawn
When you come to Woodlawn, we can help you plan a cremation that is just as meaningful as a traditional burial. You can enhance your arrangements by holding a committal service at The Woolworth, which seats up to 100 people and provides an elegant setting for services and celebrations of life.
Peace of Mind
We own and operate our own crematory, so you can rest assured knowing your loved one will never leave our care. Our 10-step process and Cremation with Confidence™ Guarantee ensures that your loved one is treated with dignity and respect throughout the entire process and that the cremation procedures are up to our rigorous set of standards.
Cremation is not the final disposition, but rather a preparation for memorialization. Cremation offers a way to memorialize a loved one in a context that is meaningful to the loved one and to those left behind.
Learn more about cremation by downloading our cremation brochure. If you’d like to start planning a cremation with Woodlawn, please contact us today.