Woodlawn provides all lots with the general care to preserve and maintain the cemetery at no charge. Lot owners can contract with the cemetery to provide the following services for improvements to the grounds:
- Regrade and Sod or Seed – remove turf, spread new topsoil, sod or seed, fertilize and water as necessary
- Border Plantings – begonias, ivy, or pachysandra planted and watered
- Trees and Bushes – ornamental shrubs and trees are planted, watered, and guaranteed for one year
Lot owners can pay the cemetery to place the following floral tributes:
- Spring – potted lilies, hyacinths, or tulips
- Fall – potted chrysanthemums
- Winter – pine wreaths
Lot owners and visitors are welcome to bring floral decorations and other mementos to the cemetery. Decorations are removed when they are worn down, infringe on neighboring property, or cause damage to the memorial.
Lot owners are required to contract with the cemetery for the construction of foundations for monuments and mausoleums. For foundation prices and approval procedures, ask your monument company to contact our administration department.
Redesigning Lot Space
Lot owners with large lots can work with the cemetery to redesign space to accommodate additional burials or cremated remains. This process requires the approval of all the current owners of the lot and payment of a nominal fee for staff time to survey and draft a new lot design.