Woodlawn provides all lots with the general care to preserve and maintain the cemetery. Lot owners may also contract with the cemetery to provide the following services for improvements to the grounds:
- Regrade and Sod or Seed – remove turf, spread new topsoil, sod or seed, fertilize and water as necessary
- Border Plantings – begonias, ivy, or pachysandra planted and watered
- Trees and Bushes – ornamental shrubs and trees are planted, watered, and guaranteed for one year
Lot owners can pay the cemetery to place the following floral tributes:
- Spring – potted lilies, hyacinths, or tulips
- Fall – potted chrysanthemums
- Winter – pine wreaths
Lot owners and visitors are welcome to bring floral decorations to the cemetery. Decorations are removed when they are worn down, infringe on neighboring property, or cause damage to the memorial.
We are working constantly to maintain a neat, uncluttered and tidy appearance. There are decorative items prohibited by our Rules and Regulations. Those items include, but are not limited to, fencing, baskets, bottles, can balloons, wind chimes, wire frames, candles, lights, pictures, knickknacks and all objects of wood, stone, concrete, glass and rock.
Our Rules & Regulations state that these items will be removed without notice. Copies of the complete Rules & Regulations are available at the Main Office.
Lot owners are required to contract with the cemetery for the construction of foundations for monuments and mausoleums. For foundation prices and approval procedures, ask your monument company to contact our administration department.